It seems Sony Mobile updated the list of “stage 1” handsets that can now be updated to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Remember, this update won’t be up-datable over-the-air, so you’ll have to do it manually via a PC or MAC.
- Check your handset is part of the stage 1 roll out,
- Remove the cover off the back of your handset,
- Locate the 8 digit SI number, (formatted XXXX-XXXX), this is usually directly under “Sony Ericsson”
- On the SonyMobile forum press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘F’ on your keyboard (this will open your browsers page search function)
- Enter the 8 digit number into the search,
- If you find your SI number in the list, head over to the Sony Mobile Update page,
- Select your phone, then follow the instructions from there.
Next up on the release schedule is the rest of the 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperias.
Then, in stage 3, it’s the 2012 Xperias.